Pages

Wednesday 20 April 2016

Before The Buzz




I can't believe how quickly my fundraising target for my headshave was smashed! A big thank you to everybody for your kind and generous donations.

As I mentioned in my last post, I have brought plans to shave my head for charity forward, and I set myself the fundraising target of £170, which would cover the cost of the initial care grant given out by CLIC Sargent at diagnosis. Within a day, this target was smashed, and currently stands at £260! (See JustGiving page here).

£230 could fund for a family to stay in a CLIC Sargent Home From Home for a week, as my family did (but I'll probably post more about that later) - so this is an amazing amount! I wanted to write this post to give some details, before the buzz...

I originally wanted this to coincide with another fundraiser which I am working on and will be announcing soon, but I wanted to move it forward, before my hair is too thin to donate!

This is why I didn't set myself a really high fundraising target for my Big Buzz - I didn't want to be haggling people for sponsorship just before asking them to support my next fundraiser - which is something I'd really like a lot of people to get involved in!

I haven't made plans for the actual headshave - which is in just under two weeks time - but rest assured, I will be posting a video of it happening, and lots of photos, so watch this space.

As I said before, I will be donating my cut hair to Little Princess Trust. Due to the chemo, dye and everything else I have subjected my poor hair to, I'm not sure that it will be good enough quality to be made into a real hair wig, but it's certainly long enough and I can but try!

If anybody would like to donate to help smash my target even further, here is my JustGiving page: justgiving.com/petebigbuzz

Thanks for reading!

Pete

No comments:

Post a Comment